Sunday, July 8, 2012

SOP (summer of projects)

I'm joining/supporting Sherri over at  Foziewisp http://foziewisp.blogspot.com/
with her Summer of Projects challenge.  I have my list (oh gawd) and this was the first to be accomplished.
The back door.  In all fairness, the door was already messed up by the previous tenets.  Our dogs didn't help.
So, I figured the best way to make it look better was to paint it with black enamel paint.  Covers a multitude of sins, right?
Before
Seems Callie likes to be in the (all) pictures

After
MUCH better (if I say so myself)
BUT...  When I went inside to put the paint brush in a plastic bag (1.5 minutes tops) Boo "seized" the paint stir stick out of the can and drug it off into the yard.  Thus leaving paint on the deck and his paws.  Yeah.
I had not spilled one drop on the deck but now it seems I will have to paint that too.
BTW (really good info!) Instant antibacterial hand sanitizer gel works GREAT to remove enamel paint from skin and PAWS!
Next project is painting the front door (while keeping the cats from escaping).
Hugs!
kat

4 comments:

  1. Yay, thanks for playing along! It looks really awesome...and so funny about the dog grabbing the brush; I hate to laugh, but it is sorta cute! And yes, try the cinnamon buns--a bit of work, but really delicious, if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing transformation and a great tip about the antibacterial gel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn, just popped by to see if you are OK. I have missed you on WOYWW and just thought I would say hello! Your doors look fantastic and thanks for the great tip on removing the paint. Take care, crafty hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete